Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Only a year this time...or so...

So yeah, it's been, like, a million years since I last posted anything. I'm just not a good blogger! But I figured today might be a good day to write since I'm stuck at home, in bed, with the flu. I'm getting sick of being sick, gotta say! It's been a month now of cycling through different viruses. I finally got antibiotics yesterday and am heading to the doctor in a bit to make sure I don't have pneumonia or anything else on top of what we already suspect. Sigh. Cooties BEGONE!

So to catch up on our lives...

Adara is in kindergarten now, and loving it! She has her challenges, like everyone, but is doing well for the most part. Interestingly, she struggles with many of the same things I did in school. She's nowhere near as shy as I was as a kid, so she's much more vocal about her emotional outbursts in school, but I can relate to her struggles with daydreaming and difficulty completing tasks. I'm going to have to do a little research to see what I can find to help her. Any suggestions are welcome!

We have decided that our house, while beautiful and full of character, is too big for us. There are more bedrooms than people! So we're doing some work to get it ready to put on the market, ideally this spring. The bathrooms are the biggest issue right now. We've gutted the upstairs bath and Rob has done a lot of work, replaced plumbing, put in a new subfloor, and we're waiting on new flooring and then for a new tub! Maybe once I get better I can get the thing painted. Green, I think...

I'm challenged by my friend Jenny. She's decided to be a full-time stay at home mom and is putting first things first. I have let my relationship with God take a backseat, and have replaced Bible study time with mediocre substitutes. But I need His help to do the things around here that I'm overwhelmed by, and He has to fill me up so that I can take care of others. Without being filled up by God's spirit, I don't have much to give to other people. I bet if I can get that on straight, I'll be more of the wife, mother and friend that I hope to be!

In spite of being sick, today's sunshine is motivating me to get up and be productive! We get so little of it here, in the winter, that even when I'm ill, it gets me moving!

Eagerly awaiting spring...

No comments: