Sunday, September 30, 2007

Feelin' it

So, had two toddlers all weekend... REALLY not sure that I want to have another child after that!! I could really use a vacation now. But THAT's not going to happen!!

I think one of the hardest things for me about being a "stay-at-home" mom is feeling isolated. I'm sure it's the same for all moms in my position. Someday I hope to lick my health issues so that I have the energy to get done all of the things that I have in my head. My brain has much more energy than my body! Besides eliminating the junk in my house (of which we have copious amounts) and organizing what we keep, I want to start my own mini-farm (details to follow), sew clothes for my daughter, build corner cabinets in both the dining room and the sitting room, recane half a dozen chairs, paint two of the bedrooms, completely renovate both the bathrooms, make all gifts from now on and learn to play the recorder! In addition to driving a school bus and raising a child. Oh, and overseeing the children's ministry in our church with my husband, and, by the way, maintaining our relationship! I'm sure there are several hundred things I've forgotten in my list of things to do eventually, since I can't seem to maintain a continuous thought. Maybe blogging will help that. At least it's all down in writing and I can go back and see what I've forgotten. Imagine what I'm like in conversation...

Anyway, off to give Adara another cookie so that I might have 5 minutes to work on the anarchy in my bedroom. I'm not a great leader, but I'd prefer not to be deposed by my laundry...

No comments: